King's Oak Core Ethos and Values
Through our core ethos of Excellence and Citizenship we aim to meet the needs of our children and the community we serve. This ethos is underpinned by 6 core values:
Here at King's Oak we want our children to embrace and uphold our school values to become the best they can be. These values are displayed throughout the school, known by all members of our community and taught through assemblies and lessons.
Alongside this we promote our school code of conduct of “Ready, Respectful, Safe” and seek to nurture these qualities in the children within our care.
- Everyone involved with the school will feel happy, safe, valued, respected and secure.
- All members of the school will be aware of and mindful of their own well-being and that of others.
- We will work as a team to help build an environment which enables pupils to develop a love of learning so they enjoy their education and grow physically, academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually.
- We want all of our pupils to be individuals who are proud of themselves and strive to achieve their true potential.
- All pupils will feel part of a comfortable community which enables them to gain a real respect for themselves and for each other.
- Everyone will be taught the skills, values and attitudes required to live healthily and harmoniously within a multi-cultural society.
- We want the school to be an open, available place that is embraced by the community that we serve.
We will improve the educational standards of all of our pupils by:
- Meeting their individual needs both emotionally and educationally.
- Helping them to be fully involved in their own learning and attainment and encourage them to strive for their own personal success.
- Raising aspirations amongst children, parents and staff so that they can demonstrate and enjoy a thirst for learning
- Promoting higher aspirations and level of expectation so the standards of teaching and learning can grow.
- Engaging parents/carers so that they are active partners in their child’s education
- Offering a holistic education which is broad, balanced and irresistible. Our varied curriculum will have a global dimension, giving pupils high standards of achievement, enjoyment, enrichment, prospects for the future, independence and equal opportunities.